1. Time is a limited resource - you can't make more of it. But, you have more time than you need if you use it wisely.
2. You choose how to spend your time.
3. Time is elastic - you can stretch it or compress it.
4. Do what matters to you.
5. Eliminate shoulds and coulds.
6. Be early always. Take along something to read or do in case you have to wait.
7. Plan your year, months, weeks and days to help you stay focused on those things that matter most to you.
8. But, don't plan your time out to the last second. Leave time for crisis, chaos, surprises. Leave time for serendipity.
9. Slow down.
10. Set goals that matter to you - that you want to achieve.
11. Take time away from work. 100 percent away. Phone off, Blackberry off, computer off. Take time away a bit every day, a bit every week. Get away four weeks per year.
12. Live in the present. The past is gone - no matter how much time you spend agonizing over it, it will not change. If you need help letting go of the past, get it. The future isn't here yet - worrying about it will not make it better or worse. Only action taken now can make a difference.
13. When deciding what to work on, I like to think about Return On Time Invested (ROTI). ROTI is a particularly useful concept for the entrepreneurs, professionals and business owners. ROTI is simply the revenue, or profit that an activity is likely to generate divided by the time the activity will take.
14. If you are self-employed, set a dollar value on your time and choose to get it.
15. Fully handle things once. Finish them completely and permanently.
16. Say no often. Offer to help less often.
18. Choose to associate with people and organizations who help you extract the most value out of each of your minutes. Choose not to associate with people and organizations who waste your time.
19. Solve your own problems. Let others solve their own problems.
20. On the other hand, don't be afraid to ask for help.
21. Focus. Don't multi-task. You'll get more done, and at a higher quality level.
22. Take a real break in the middle of the day.
23. Enjoy the process, not just the result.
24. Listen fully before responding. You'll waste less time answering the wrong question or responding to the wrong concern.
25. Let it be.
Mar 30, 2008
Mar 21, 2008
1) Pride. (Amour Propre/Mataas Na Pagtingin sa Sarili) Pride and vanity are competitive. If someone else's pride really bothers you, you have a lot of pride.
* Seeing ourselves as we are and not comparing ourselves to others is humility.
2) Envy. (Inggit/Selos) Envy resents the good others receive or even might receive. Envy is almost indistinguishable from pride at times.
* "Love is patient, love is kind…" Love actively seeks the good of others for their sake.
3) Wrath. (Galit) Anger is often our first reaction to the provocation of others. Impatience with the faults of others is related to this.
* Kindness means taking the tender approach, with patience and compassion.
4) Sloth. (Katamaran) The other sins work together to deaden the spiritual senses so we first become slow to respond to God and then drift completely into the sleep of complacency.
* Zeal is the energetic response of the heart to God's commands.
5) Greed. (Kaswapangan) Greed wants to get its "fair share" or a bit more. This is about more than money.
* Generosity means letting others get the credit or praise. It is giving without having expectations of the other person.
6) Gluttony. (Katakawan) This does not pertain only to food, but to entertainment and other legitimate goods, and even the company of others.
* Faith and Temperance accepts the natural limits of pleasures and preserves this natural balance.
7) Lust. (Kamunduhan) Lust is the self-destructive drive for pleasure out of proportion to its worth. Sex, power, or image can be used well, but they tend to go out of control.
* Self control and self mastery prevent pleasure from killing the soul by suffocation.
Mar 18, 2008
Ksubi - Soo-bee
Lanvin - Lan-van
Romeo Gigli - Ro-meoh gee-lee
Piaget - Pia-jhey
VacheronConstantin - Va-sheh-ron constantin
Thierry Mugler - Ti-ye-ri Mug-ley
Christian - Kree-styang/ Christiane - Krees-tyan
Chicco (baby products) - Ki-ko
Guerlain - Gher-lahn
Proenza Schouler - Proo-enza Shoo-ler
Yves Saint Laurent - Eve Saint Lor-rong
Issey Miyaki - I-sey Mee-yah-ke
Versace - Verr-sah-che
Gaultier - Go-tee-ay
Byblos - Bee-blow-s
Etro - Ay-tro
Nicolas Ghesquiere - Nee-ko-lah Ges-queer
Andrew Gn Ahn-drew Jen
Aquascutum - Ah-kwa-skew-tum
Miu Miu - Mew-Mew
Monique Lhuillier - Mo-neek Loo-leeyay
Louis Vuitton - Le-wi Vie-tohn
Porsche - Por-sha
Birkenstock - Bir-ken-schtock
Les Copains - Ley Copahn
Salvatorre Ferragamo - Sala-tore Ferra-gamo
Nike - Nay-ki
Celio - Chel-yo
Tag Heuer - Tag Ho-yer
Gucci - Gu-chi
Prada - Pra-duh
Empire - Um-pir
Chanel - Sha-nel
Lancome - Lan-kom
Clarins - Clarans
Lulu Castagnette - Loo-loo Kas-tan-yet
Dolce & Gabbana - Dole-chay & Ger-bana
M)phosis - Em-fosis
Charriol - Shar-ee-ol
Anya Hindmarch - Un-ya Hine-march
Bally - Ba-li
Bvlgari - Bull-ge-ri
Cacharel - Kare-sha-hell
Chloe - Klo-ay
Christian Lacroix - Christian Le-kwah
Donna Karan - Donna Karen
Fa:ge - Farge
Furla - Foor-la
Kerastase - Ke-ras-tass
Xoxo - So-So
Anais Anais - Aney-Aney
LeSportsac - Leh-sport-sac
Bebe - Bee-Bee
Cartier - Car-ti-yey
Estee Lauder - Es-tay Lo-der
Plaid - Plad
Faconnable - Fa-so-nab
Girbaud - Jir-bow
Moschino - Mos-khee-no
Zegna - Zenya
Shu Uemura - Shoe Ooh-eh-moorah
L'occitane - Lok-si-tan
Agnes B. - Anne-yes Be (not Buh)
Anna Sui - Anna Swee
Azzedine Alaia - Aze-DEEN Ah-lie-yah
Balenciaga - Bah-len-see-AH-gah (not balenSHAga)
Chloe - KLO-ee
Christian Louboutin - Kree-styan Loo-boo-TAHN
Comme Des Garcons - Kom Deh Gah-SOHN
Dries Van Noten - Drees Van No-ten
Gianfranco Ferre - Jee-an-franco Fer-re'
Givenchy - Jee-VON-shee
Hermes - Air-mez
Christian Lacroix - Kree-styan la-KWA
Loewe - Low-ev-ay
Martin Margiela - Maar-TEEN Mar-GEE-lah
Proenza Schouler - Pro-enza SKOOl-er
Rochas - Ro-sha
Fancl - Fang-kel
* This is where I got it from.
Posted by M A Y A at 10:00 AM
Mar 17, 2008
Indeed a happy day! Basta day off ko happy day talaga. Went grocery shopping this morning, continued packing which I & hubby started yesterday kaso we still need to buy some more luggages k'se damit and abubot ko pa lang sabi ni hubby tatlong maleta na, hehehe! Eh kasi alangan namang bumili pa 'ko ng bago dun 'di ba, sayang naman ang pambili, lol!
Okay, we're off to Carrefour to buy some more suitcases. And also, I need to get a dose of my latest addiction - Fried Fish Soup Noodles. Later....
Mar 16, 2008
I sooooo love her. Her real name is Christine Gambito, better known as HappySlip, she's an internet celebrity and a popular YouTube content provider. She became famous for her VLOGS especially the ones where she spoof members of her family. In May of 2007, she became one of the first YouTube users accepted into YouTube's revenue sharing program.
She attributes her nickname "HappySlip" to her mother's mispronunciation of "half slip". "Christine, be sure to wear your happyslip!" is her mom's constant reminder while she was growing up as a teenager. She was born and raised in Virginia, her parents are both Filipinos, she worked on and off as a nurse for about eight years, quitting only when she gave birth to her son in 2005.
This 31-year old vlogger is naturally funny and has amazing acting talents, not to mention she can sing, play the piano and guitar. In 2008, Christine was appointed by DOT as Ambassador of Tourism giving her a chance to revisit the Philippines, the first time she has been to Philippines was when she was a toddler.
These are my favorite HappySlip videos...
Mar 14, 2008
It's almost 2am... gising pa rin ako, pabali-balikwas sa kama... haaaay, siguro dahil hindi komportable 'tong hinihigaan namin, 'kakainis! Kahit naman siguro kayo eh mahihirapang matulog sa gan'tong kama...
Janina San Miguel
Bb. Pilipinas Ms. World 2008
17-year old Mass Communication Student at the University of the East
> Q and A Portion <
Paolo Bediones: Janina, how are you?
Janina San Miguel: I'm fine.
Paolo Bediones: Alright, so you won two of the major awards - Best in Long Gown, Best in Swimsuit, do you feel any pressure right now?
Janina San Miguel: No, I don't feel any pressure right now.
Paolo Bediones: Confident! Alright! Please choose a name of the judge.
Paolo Bediones: We have Miss Vivienne Tan.
Vivienne Tan: Good Evening.
Janina San Miguel: Good Evening.
Vivienne Tan: The question is, what role did your family play to you as candidate to Binibining Pilinas?
Janina San Miguel: Well, my family's role for me is so important b'coz there was the wa- they're, they was the one who's... very... Hahahaha... Oh I'm so sorry, Ahhmm... My pamily... My family... Oh my god... I'm... Ok, I'm so sorry... I... I told you that I'm so confident... Eto, Ahhmm, Wait... Hahahaha, Ahmmm, Sorry guys because this was really my first pageant ever b'coz I'm only 17 years old and ahahaha I, I did not expect that I came from, I came from one of the tuff 10. Hmmm, so... but I said that my family is the most important persons in my life. Thank you.
Heheh! Winner ka talaga Janina, you're one tuff... taff, tough girl... oh my God, I'm so sorry. LOL!
Eto, nagpalusot pa... watch this.
Mar 11, 2008
'Di naman bawal mag-Tagalog sa Beauty Pageants ah, ba't kelangang piliting mag-English... gassss... ehe gosh pala! Hehehe! Maganda ka pa naman 'Neng kaso 'di ko talaga kinaya ang ingles mo. Nosebleeeeeeed! Eto panoorin n'yo nang kayo naman ang makunsumi.
Pero dahil tao ka lang, sige pinapatawad na kita basta sa susunod tatandaan mo: "Ang hindi magmahal sa sariling wika ay napapahiya."
Mar 10, 2008
Ang ganda nito, grabe! Hindi lang dahil sa like ko si Piolo ha, pero dahil maganda talaga yung story, promise.
At ang mga gumaganap na LOBO ha, in all fairness, magagaling silang umarte... awooooooo!
Waya, Luna, Wayang Itim, Wayang Puti.... whatevah!! Basta, si Lyka ang "Huling Bantay", sabi ni Lady Elle, heheh!
Ito pala'y hango (or kopya) sa isang Japanese Folklore entitled Kitsune. Pakibasa nyo na lang ang story dito. At nagkaroon din ng ganitong palabas sa Korea na may pamagat na Nine-Tailed Fox.
Mar 9, 2008
Ito po'y kuha mahigit walong taon na ang nakakaraan. Oh di ba ang mga aliping sagigilid pakape-kape pa sa East Coast. Pansinin n'yo ichura namin...
From L - R
Lara - Mala-Kim Chiu, virgin na virgin ang dating.
Cef - 'Di pa sya blonde dito. 'Di pa nya nadi-discover na pwede palang gawing pangkulay ng buhok ang agua oxinada.
Tessa - Poging-pogi ah. Wag ka na uling magpapagupit ng ganyan kung ayaw mong masaktan!
Maya - Cute... este pa-cute pala. At dahil aking blog 'to, di ko ookrayin ang sarili ko. LOL!