1) Pride. (Amour Propre/Mataas Na Pagtingin sa Sarili) Pride and vanity are competitive. If someone else's pride really bothers you, you have a lot of pride.
* Seeing ourselves as we are and not comparing ourselves to others is humility.
2) Envy. (Inggit/Selos) Envy resents the good others receive or even might receive. Envy is almost indistinguishable from pride at times.
* "Love is patient, love is kind…" Love actively seeks the good of others for their sake.
3) Wrath. (Galit) Anger is often our first reaction to the provocation of others. Impatience with the faults of others is related to this.
* Kindness means taking the tender approach, with patience and compassion.
4) Sloth. (Katamaran) The other sins work together to deaden the spiritual senses so we first become slow to respond to God and then drift completely into the sleep of complacency.
* Zeal is the energetic response of the heart to God's commands.
5) Greed. (Kaswapangan) Greed wants to get its "fair share" or a bit more. This is about more than money.
* Generosity means letting others get the credit or praise. It is giving without having expectations of the other person.
6) Gluttony. (Katakawan) This does not pertain only to food, but to entertainment and other legitimate goods, and even the company of others.
* Faith and Temperance accepts the natural limits of pleasures and preserves this natural balance.
7) Lust. (Kamunduhan) Lust is the self-destructive drive for pleasure out of proportion to its worth. Sex, power, or image can be used well, but they tend to go out of control.
* Self control and self mastery prevent pleasure from killing the soul by suffocation.